The personal blog of a libertarian, pagan, librarian and geek. Expect musings on pop culture, gender, and intellectual freedom along with general silliness and pretty art.Ask me anything
Within a few years, Freud buckled under this heavy pressure and recanted his conclusions. In their place he proposed the “Oedipus complex,” which became the foundation of modern psychology… Freud used this construct to conclude that the episodes of abuse his clients had revealed to him had never taken place; they were simply fantasies of events the women had wished for… This construct started a hundred-year history in the mental health field of blaming victims for the abuse perpetrated on them and outright discrediting of women’s and children’s reports of mistreatment by men.
― Lundy Bancroft
read this carve it into your brains permanently etch it into your skulls r e a d t h i s
Create your own black cards:
- What ___ is this?
- A gargoyle can no more stop protecting the castle than ____.
- The password is ____.
- Know her?!? I ____.
- I’ve been denied everything, even ____!
- It’s my first real stab at ____. How am I doing?
- Humans love ____. So does Puck, come on let’s ____.
- Where has Avalon has sent us this time?
- Stop calling me ___!
(I’m just picturing “WHAT HETERONORMATIVITY IS THIS”)
How about some white cards?
- Stable time travel loops.
- Leaving claw marks in solid stone.
- Getting betrayed by the humans you had sworn to protect.
- Being reassigned to the day shift.
- The yuppie couple.
- The humans! ALWAYS THE HUMANS!
- The Xanatos Gambit.
- Getting really stoned and sleeping for 1000 years.
- The Loch Ness Monster.
- Sending in the clones.
- Shakespeare references.
- A 3.5” floppy disk.
- Going undercover.
- Being a big blue jerk.